Narley Barley Wine recipe
Recipe copyright (C)1987 Forrest Cook and Jonathan Corbet
Brewed 2/15/1987, Bottled 3/5/1987, Size 7 Gallons
Specific Gravity Readings, 1 carboy:
- 14 lbs amber dry malt extract
- 1 lb dark dry malt extract
- 2 oz cluster hops (added before boil)
- 2 tbsp gypsum
- 2 oz cluster hops (added 30 minutes after boil)
- 1 pack champagne yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar at bottling time
Comments: Thick stuff, not as hoppy as Bigfoot Ale.
Matured in about one year and tasted great for 10 years.
- OG 1.084 @ 100 deg F
- FG 1.041 @ 65 deg F
to the Microburst Brewery Homebrew Beer Recipes page.