BlueBelly Mead recipe
Recipe copyright (C)1985 Forrest Cook, Jonathan Corbet and Paul Downing
Brewed 8/4/1985, Bottled 10/20/1985, Size 5 Gallons
Specific Gravity Reading, 1 carboy:
- 9 lbs Madhava Colorado Clover honey
- 10 lbs (approx) fresh blueberries
- 1 oz Cascade pellet hops (boil)
- 2 tbsp gypsum
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 1 big pinch Irish moss
- 2 lb corn sugar (added to must)
- 3/4 cup corn sugar (bottling)
- (probably) champagne yeast
Very sweet at bottling time, this produced a slightly
sweet finished product with a tendency to foam over when opened,
like champagne. Verry, verry yummy.
This was the first of a long line of great blueberry meads.
- OG 1.04 @ 105 deg F
- FG 1.01 @ 70 deg F
Back to the Mead Maker's Page.