"I am not a crook" Cranberry Mead recipe
Recipe copyright (C)1994 Forrest Cook and Jonathan Corbet
Brewed 4/26/1994, Bottled 8/24/1994, Size 5 Gallons
Specific Gravity Reading, 1 carboy:
- 9 lbs Madhava wildlower honey
- 3 qts Heinke's Old Fashioned 100% cranberry juice
(this is about 5X stronger than regular cranberry juice)
- 1 pack Lalvin EC-1118 Wine Yeast prestarted in warm honey water
- 1 cup corn sugar (bottling)
Very nice deep red color, nice tart cranberry flavor,
cleared nicely, we wish we had more of it.
- OG 1.04 @ 79 deg F (probably a mis-read due to layering)
- FG 1.00 @ 72 deg F
Back to the Mead Maker's Page.