Purple Haze Mead recipe
Recipe copyright (C)1989 Forrest Cook and Jonathan Corbet
Brewed 7/21/1989, Bottled 9/9/1989, Size 7 Gallons
Specific Gravity Reading, 1 carboy:
- 9 lbs Alfalfa's wildflower honey
- ~10 lbs fresh blended bluberries (turned to jello while it waited)
- 1 oz cascade leaf hops (boiling)
- 1 tbsp gypsum
- 1 tsp ascorbic acid
- 1 big pinch Irish moss
- 1 pack red star champagne yeast
- 7/8 cup corn sugar (bottling)
Tasted extremely good at bottling, aged nicely.
Still hazy after all these years.
- OG 1.050 @ 100 deg F
- FG 1.021 @ 72 deg F
Back to the Mead Maker's Page.