S-M Strawberry Mead recipe
Recipe copyright (C)1995 Forrest Cook and Jonathan Corbet
Brewed 6/19/1995, Bottled 8/1/1995, Size 5 Gallons
Specific Gravity Reading, 1 carboy:
- 6 lbs Madhava wildlower honey
- 4 lbs Madhava clover honey
- ~12 lbs fresh strawberries
- 1 pack Lalvin EC-1118 Wine Yeast, prestarted in warm honey water
- 1 cup corn sugar (bottling)
Must was heated to just below boiling and kept there for ~ 1/2 hour,
berries were added after fire was turned off and sat in cooling
must for 1/2 hour. This batch cleared nicely and had a very
tasty strawberry flavor.
- OG 1.04 @ 79 deg F (probably a mis-read due to layering)
- FG 1.00 @ 72 deg F
Back to the Mead Maker's Page.