Vicki's Naked Mead recipe
Recipe copyright (C)1991 Forrest Cook and Jonathan Corbet
Brewed 4/10/1991, Bottled 6/13/1991, Size 7 Gallons
Specific Gravity Reading, 1 carboy:
- 6.4 lb Alfalfa's wildflower honey
- 3 lb Alfalfa's clover honey
- 1.2 oz cascade leaf hops (boil)
- 1 tbsp gypsum
- 1 pack red star champagne yeast (started in diluted must)
- 3/4 cup corn sugar (bottling)
This batch was our first attempt at making a plain mead as
opposed to a fruit metheglin.
One of the bottles remained unopened for 9 years, it proved to be
exceptionally smooth tasting.
The term "Naked Mead" refers to the lack of our usual fruit/spice flavorings,
- OG (unknown)
- FG 0.993 @ 70 deg F
Back to the Mead Maker's Page.